PDN has chosen their 30 photographers to watch out for in 2014. Hailing from all corners of the world, these chosen few showcase realities that range from the very real turmoil in the MENA region, to highly stylized cinematic melodrama. PDN has maintained this tradition since 1999 with the intent of demonstrating the power and artistic capacity of the camera in the right hands. Profiles on each of PDN's 30 will be featured in the April, 2014 edition of PDN.
PDN will also be hosting six panel discussions on career strategies for up-and-coming photographers at schools, festivals and workshops throughout the country. While most of the dates have yet to be determined, be sure to check the website here regurlarly to see if you're in town when "Transitions" Strategies for the Young Working Photographer" comes through.
“Transitions: Strategies for the Young Working Photographer”
- New York City, School of Visual Arts (date TBD)
- Los Angeles, Annenberg Space for Photography (date TBD)
- Palm Springs, CA, Palm Springs Photo Festival (date TBD)
- Seattle (location, date TBD)
- San Francisco, Academy of Art University (date TBD)
- New York City, PhotoPlus International Expo + Conference, October 1
***Photo by Marcus Smith