ONE DAY LEFT TO SUBMIT.
3rd Ward is a New York City based arts organization that was founded on the principles of creating unique opportunities for artists and present innovative artwork. Offering interdisciplinary art education programs, photo studios, wood and metal shops, media labs and office spaces, the facilities have been serving hundreds of creatives since 2006.
The 3rd Ward Summer 2010 Open Call is a juried international art competition open to work of all mediums: photography, painting, printmaking, illustration, sculpture, installation, graphic design, video and more! Submissions can include: completed work, works-in-progess and/or conceptual proposals.
The Winning Artist will receive:
* $5,000 cash grant
* Solo exhibition in 3rd Ward's gallery, complete with a massive opening reception
* Optional 3-month work residency at 3rd Ward including work studio full facility access (photo studios, wood metal shop, media lab, art education classes)
* Airfare shipping to and from 3rd Ward for non-NYC residents
* 2-page spread in 3rd Ward's Quarterly Magazine
* NYC exposure - postcards, fliers, press!
PLUS -- The top 25 artists will be featured in 3rd Ward's Quarterly Magazine and Online Gallery.