En Foco, Inc. invites U.S. based photographers of Latino, African and Asian heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and Pacific, to submit work to the New Works Photography Fellowship Awards #15. The program encourages artists to create or continue an in-depth photographic series, in any photo-based fine art or documentary style/genre. En Foco, Inc.'s aim is to identify and promote talented emerging and mid-career artists, creating a cross-cultural dialogue and providing artists with exposure and growth opportunities. There is no fee to apply.
Wednesday July 27, 2011
While the products awarded varies from year to year, New Works fellows usually receive:
- a $1,000 honorarium ($100 for Honorable
- a $500 product gift certificate from Canson
Infinity ($100 for Honorable Mentions)
- professional tripods from Manfrotto
- camera bags from Lowepro
- a feature article in Nueva Luz
- an exhibition in New York
- a photographer's page on enfoco.org
- a one-year En Foco membership
1. Your work should address issues that are relevant to your personal experience. Photographic imagery should contain a cultural consciousness that is grounded in identity and the search for a personal statement. This is completely open to your interpretation. Visit www.enfoco.org to view works by prior winners.
2. You may propose a new project idea, or propose to continue an existing body of work. Decisions will be based upon quality of images submitted.
3. If selected, your new work must consist of 15-20 exhibition-quality images. The group exhibition will be curated by En Foco staff in 2012, at which time the honorarium is paid.
4. Although not required, applicants are encouraged to become En Foco members. Basic membership includes a subscription to Nueva Luz photographic journal, a 1/2 hour in-house Portfolio Review, free admission at photo museums, discounts to En Foco workshops, and invitations to all En Foco events. Additional membership levels include more extensive benefits and substantial discounts.
1. Register at CallforEntry.org, and follow the directions for sizing and uploading your images.
2. A written project proposal/description (no more than 500 words). Describe specific aspects of your work such as subject matter, context, content, location, and personal relevance.
3. A one-page biography and/or resume.
4. A statement about your work as an artist.
5. Twenty tightly edited images from the same series. CaFÉ image preparation tips can be found at: https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml
6. For more submission tips, go to: http://www.enfoco.org/index.php/programs/submissions/ (scroll down for New Works FAQs).